Message Bored

aDam Rulz!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Amiture Beefy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:40 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

Location: "Moving south... apparently Toad's in a boat down there...
High beams...

people just can't seem to help themselves...

I drive a Jeep... the sexiest thing on the road, all black and crome and like a naked women all greaced up and ready to go...

but she has Massive headlights, fog lights and accent lights draped accross her front... and it seems to bother people when I have any combination of them on...

Are people being taught to look directly at oncoming traffic's lights? is that it? did I miss that lesson?

its true that I have a natural aversion to light... being that i was born with a rare anomoly by-which my night vision is awesome do to an imbalance of rods and cones... the flip side is that most of the day I squint when faced with even minimal light...

back to my point... it was snowing today at 5am when i was heading home from work... down a mountain, through road construction, next to a great lake... with no one else for kilometers...

so I bust out sexy jeeps' bigguns and people sleeping three rows back think aliens are coming for them.

but as we all should know HIGH beams are detramental in a snow squall... so off they go in favour for the small yellow fog lights along the bottom of my bumper...

A single car flashes his brights at me a few moments later...the first car I've seen since I left the parking lot... so I slow down a bit thinking the nice sir or ma'am was letting me know aboue some cops up ahead...

two more trucks pass me... FLASH FLASH ... okay so that's 3 times I've had to shut my eyes while driving home in the snow... after a 14hour shift... the 4th time I swerve and start to get pissed off.

as I grumble about idiots flashing me, a car comes around a corner and turns his high beams off as he sees me...

then when he gets as close to me as possible before me move past each other the cocksucker flashes his lights back on... I go off the road for just long enough to make a U turn and flick all my switches on....

...but I've digressed.

If I see some one coming who's lights bug me from a mile away... I've got a decent idea I'm not going to like looking directly at them...SO I DON'T...

we need a culling here in Ontario

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:05 pm 
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Destron wrote:
as I grumble about idiots flashing me, a car comes around a corner and turns his high beams off as he sees me...

then when he gets as close to me as possible before me move past each other the cocksucker flashes his lights back on... I go off the road for just long enough to make a U turn and flick all my switches on....

Heh, I've pulled that one before.

But I understand...until they got hit by two too many rocks, if I had my fog lamps lit with my dim headlights, I'd get flashed. I'd just flash them back, except I wouldn't turn it back off. I'm like, "I can take it AND dish it back out, fuckstick!"

By the same token, those HID lights piss me off. They're just too bright. Slightly less annoying are those poseurs who get their blue-light specials from K-Mart and think they're pimped out with their fake high-intensity lights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:51 pm 
Spiny
Spiny

Can't say I blame people for flashing you. I would too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:28 pm 
Blooper
Blooper

I wouldn't flash him if he only had his low beams and fog lights on. The only flashable offense is high beams in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:19 pm 
Spiny
Spiny

I would think that they were high beams, hence why I would flash.... Half the morons driving have lights that are too bright, or too many lights on their cars. Emercency vehicles I would understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:58 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

janine wrote:
Can't say I blame people for flashing you. I would too.
If I put my high beams on will you flash me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:21 am 
Bullet Bill
Bullet Bill
 WWW  Profile

I have Bi-Xenon HID headlights and get tired of people flashing me as well. I do enjoy demonstrating to these knobs what my high beams look like :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:28 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

to lessen the frequency of this in the past I've tilted my lights down slightly, as well as the drivers side lamp in away from the center line.

:shock: <-High beams

I don't plan to do this this year coming however, because I have just grown tired of the extra effort for people who are just smarter than forest gump...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:35 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Oh yeah this totally happnes to me all the time with my built in Civic lights... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:10 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

I'm driving and 89 jeep with its original factory lights... 89 ...that's getting close to 20 years of these lights being on the road... THEY ARE NO WHERE NEAR BRIGHT ENOUGH on their own...hence the addisional lights... but damn...

maybe i'm just the only one in ontario heading home at 5am and happy about it... everyone else is bitchy...

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:53 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

After doing the drive to an from ptown at night on the unlit 7 this weekend I think I got more than a few high beams in my eyes and I'm sorry but every time I saw some yahoo with 4 or more lightsshinning in my eye I found it pretty annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:50 pm 
Cheep Cheep
Cheep Cheep
 WWW  Profile

there should be street lights on all roads instead.