WWW  Profile

My ISP is Rogers. I hate them.

http://adamrulz.com/beef/mar2004.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:37 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

saw this on MLD.

I guess a good ISP with truely unlimited MBs is just too much to expect. you gotta remember theyre running a business and they need to make a profit.

Fuck a "free" tin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:50 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

I don't know if there's much of anyone out there that will let you do truly unlimited anymore.

If they want to limit me I don't mind that they do. I just need them to tell me that there's a cap. Advertise it as such. None of this crap where they treat me like a criminal when I've done nothing wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:54 am 
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Man, weird stuff.

I did a little researching and it seems you aren't the only one with this problem. It seems that they have been harrassing a lot of people. I found this site that has forums for hi-speed users and it has a section for canadian ISPs. Here's a thread about people arguing about the true limit or Rogers.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9890740~mode=flat
There's other threads with other people complaining too.

Also, it seems that Sympatico has dropped their caps. So is Rogers giving you more lies? Sympatico is advertising no caps and those dslreports.com guys say Sympatico dropped caps July 4, 2003. I'll have to talk to my parents because as far as I know, Sympatico was still recording their bandwidth at christmas and summer when I visited.

You should consider switching to Sympatico now. Sympatico also might send nasty letters out if you use it too much but at least Rogers would lose your money.

And let me just plug Telus' sweet service here. I d/l sooo much and I never got an angry letter. And it's very reliable too. They are much much better than Rogers and Sympatico. I will bow down and worship the Telus cronies every night. (Until I get a nasty letter and then I would curse them forever)

Jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:18 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

It's not up to me what ISP we use in this house. If it was all of our TV, phones and Internet would already be with Bell. Their business sense sucks though. When I get out of here I was going to get Rogers for cable and Internet but now I'm just going to get Bell.

I haven't heard anything about Bell dropping their caps but I have a few friends who are on it so I'll ask around about it. If they advertise no caps and do this letter thing too them there's really no better ISP. I guess I'd have to look into that too. I haven't heard any problems about them though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:40 pm 
This happened to a buddy of mine in Vancouver. He missed the email and they shut down his Internet connection. When he phoned about it, the dude told him that dl wasn't the big issue, but uploading is what got him suspended. He had left his machine running for more than a few days and his file-sharing uploaded a crap load of stuff through Shaw.

The service representative told him to just stop uploading so much and it shouldn't be a problem again. The guy admitted that the contract really doesn't cover or officially set upload limits, but suggested by buddy just keep his file-sharing folder empty of uploadable files.

I think it's not the dl that sent off the auto-email, but rather the uploading. I dl like crazy and have never had any problems, but I rarely allow uploads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:11 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

That makes sense and could be it. Then again I've heard a lot of different things from different people about what could be the problem. A lot of people say it depends on the area too. But really this doesn't tell me much if these monsters themselves who are the ones telling me not to do something can't specifically tell me what not to do. I can cut down on my ul if I need to but I'm not going to if I don't know that's my problem. It's quite frustrating.