Message Bored

aDam Rulz!
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:56 pm 
Bullet Bill
Bullet Bill

Seen the live-action Sailor Moon yet? Or read anything about it, at least? I saw a few screenshots from the first episode and it looks God-awful hilarious.

Here's the link, but knowing you, you've probably already come across this and more at one of your SM haunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:48 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Yep. Watched the making of earlier this week and watched the first episode this morning. Pretty good stuff. As a Sailor Moon fan I thought it was awesome. Not sucky like those fucking musicals.

Luna's a plush doll which is pretty cheesy. They kept the anime voice which is jizztacularely awesome.

My only real gripe at this point is that the vilains, that being Beryl and Jadeite, are way too over the top costume wise. I mean since they're based on manga and anime characters you would expect them to look a little out there but somehow they thought it was a good idea to add a lot of frills and flairs to the already extravagent costumes. Like for example just off the top of my head... Beryl's hair is normally fairly straight and a little wavy and they made it frizy and 80s pr0n star. They added a huge amount of size and decoration to her forehead crown deal and shoulder dressings which is normally just small horns. She has a cape which is totally new as well. Jadeite has a lot of new flair as well and his normally straight to mildly waivy hair is a totally over the top perm.

Anyway they all have wigs when they transform which isn't that bad since in their every day lives they still have normal dark hair. I would prefer they get actual blondes and such but this is a good way to go too.

Anyway the story is very close to both the manga and the anime...for the first story at least. The whole Naru's mother's jewelery shop and everything. Some of the lines are word for word like the anime which I assume could be word for word manga because I've never actually read those in anything but French. Seems more manga based than anime based but still the way the characters act seems to be somewhat influenced by the anime simply because there's nothing like that you could gage from paper. Also just more material in the anime to be influenced by. Like in the intro when they're all sitting around at the end seems very inspired by the end of the S intro. The costumes have some stuff that's from the manga and not the anime and things about the story like Tux already looking for the crystal is a manga thing as compared to his anime not knowing he's Tux for a bunch of episodes (the Nephlite faking as Tux episode to be specific).

There are little nitpicky differences I could whine about but the don't really bother me since I think it's important every incarnation of something have a bit of leeway just to alow for a chance of originality. Stuff like Ami's in her class already or she already has the crescent moon wand which she isn't supposed to get for a while. Probably because the vilain here was Naru's more turned vilain instead of a monster impersonating her which required an earlier introduction of a weapon which can turn a monster back to human which would otherwise not happen until later (rainbow crystals in the anime).

Episode 2 will be Mercury's first episode which was episode 8 in the anime but story 2 in the manga. I wonder how much they'll fast track the story because they could have some trouble getting a whole year's worth of stories for the first arc if they're jumping into it so quick.

So much to say I'm officially into this show which is funny since I've been dreading it for so long. I guess it's just nice to get some new material into this franchise which I've been rewatching and rereading for so many years.

So if you use bit torrent you can peep the first episode here: http://www.saiyaman.info/bt/ it's at the bottom of the page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:31 pm 
Bullet Bill
Bullet Bill

Shit, I'd give it a look if not for this connection of mine. BT and dial-up just don't mix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:09 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Yesterday it told me it would take like 55 hours. Then it finally settled down and did it in about 3. You're so rural.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:51 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Now that 4 episodes have aired I just want to say that I think this show is totally tits. Watching it is certainly the TV I look forward to the most in any given week.

In case anyone is wondering the last 2 avatars I have used are from this show.

Image Image

How hot is Sailor Mars? w00t!

Here are some links to official sites:
http://hicbc.com/tv/sailormoon/
http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/sailormoon/index.asp
http://sailormoon.channel.or.jp/

Here is where you can download subbed episodes: http://bt.base0.net/tv-n/ (they usually come out a bit over a week after airing)

And if you can't wait the raws are always available in the link I gave earlier. They usually come out on the day where the show airs (Saturdays).

And why the fuck didn't Rampage just come to my site if he wanted to talk about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:27 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Now that 15 episodes are gone by I think I can safely say this is up there as one of my all time favourite shows. Bested only by the actual anime Sailor Moon show.

It looks like they've cast ChibiUsa. On this page a young actress (11) says that she'll start being on Sailor Moon in April. Considering how the pace of the series is going it makes sense that her story would start around then. And consider a run of about 52 episodes and that being around the middle of that it just makes perfect sense. Web-tard moonies are suggesting that she looks like Hotaru and that they might just skip over the whole ChibiUsa story which is just e-tarded. It must be because she doesn't have pink hair. Ugh.

So I finally did get around to ordering some of those toys. The site is really retarded for things though because they won't hold stock for you so if you have a big order they keep shipping out the stuff they have while other stuff is coming in. So I had to get them to ship my partial order out of risk of them giving it away. So now the Luna and Artemis plushes, the heart moon broach and the moonlight stick are on their way. I'll have to wait longer for the bracelet and the cell phone which sucks because the cell phone was the one thing I really wanted more than anything else. Oh well.

And those DVDs start coming out in March at a whopping 75$ Canadian a piece. Ouch.

So next week they battle the Sarlaac Pit. Are you keeping up with this show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:12 pm 
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

[quote]On this page a young actress (11) says that she'll start being on Sailor Moon in April.[quote]

Why do they have the bust, waist and hip size of an 11 year old girl? Doesn't that seem a little ... strange?

And shoe size too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:17 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Yeah I thought that was really weird but I think it's standard info to give in Japan. You always get birthday, blood type and measurements. I'd seen it around for the other actresses but figured that was different since they're (almost) of age which in Japan is old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:00 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Holy crap. It's not Chibi Usa. Watch the next episode (in 2 weeks because there's no show next week) to see what I'm talking about. I don't want to give any spoilers but... ouch. This has unprecedented retardation potential.

The episodes have been really good lately with some really awesome new things brought to the story. I feel I need to say how good it's been going before the next episode because I may forget.

The first DVD came out last week. It's awesome. Got a nice 10 minute bonus feature with sort of random clips and and interview with 2 of the girls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:48 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Oh by the way I think we're way past spoilers for what I mentioned up there. The character was Luna in human form. Very unlike Princess Kaguya but still very cool I think.

This is from last week's episode. Note the writing on the shirt:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:54 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
 WWW  Profile

Love the Engrish shirts.