It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:07 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

http://adamrulz.com/beef/

Since I spent about 17 hours a day on the bus I just can't stop being agry with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:24 pm 
Spiny
Spiny

Yay the beef of the month is here but late(hell yeah) :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:17 pm 
I think it was about between 95-99 when OC Transpo busses were good. AC and plenty of soft seats. Yeah, the new busses have crappy seats, and they're a bit louder I find....this is coming from a 10+ veteran of riding the OC Transpo with headphones.

Though I'm glad that's over cause I actually used to get sick taking a 1 hour ride to Place du Portage ... that nauseaus sick feeling. Ughh...

+ roy
+ sometimesboredinottawa.iscool.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:42 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

w0rd Roy, w0rd! I've been on the bus about 5 days a week for 8 to 10 months a year since about 9th grade. There are few places I've spent so much time. I've been big on the discman thing only for about 3 or 4 years though. Still I notice the noise issues. Some of the busses are just horrible. I think the worst ones are some of the old ones but the new ones certainly aren't quieter than some and I don't think there's any real excuse for that.

Well hopefully it will only be a few more weeks 'till I can take my driving courses. Then with my new job I can start putting money away for some wheels and cast away the shackles of OC. But when will I play Gameboy and read my comics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:38 am 
Bullet Bill
Bullet Bill
 WWW  Profile

That made my day...That was really, Really funny. I thought right away when I saw the title "i hate those new busses", I thought, clogs?
But no...just a different bus meat.

I have ridden the bus since 7th grade and for about, oh say about 2 of those 6years (7th and 8th), I rode in the seats in which the bus drivers assigned me, which was the very back, and also the middle back.

Then, for about the next three years I rode in the very very front, or pretty close to the front.

Now, in my last year riding a bus ONLY IN THE MORNING, i still sit in the front of the bus (3rd seat from front) just because that's "my seat", and I'm just used to it. Plus, I'm always tired in the mornings. In the Afternoons though, I ride pretty much right in the middle of the bus, because I finally got tired of sitting in the very front, and realized it's not a scary thing to move backwards.

Anyways, I'm really tired as I'm writing this, so goodbye:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:46 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Assigned seats? That's crazy! There's a certain amount of regulation that just should be on a bus.

You know I'm suddenly realising that when taking into consideration the yellow bus from primary school I've been taking the bus as a primary mode of transportation since I was 4 years old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:07 pm 
Spiny
Spiny

What-eva :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:07 pm 
Bullet Bill
Bullet Bill
 WWW  Profile

Well, I should have added I'm talking about my school bus seats...not regular busses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:15 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

School busses are more comfortable but the aisle is too small and the roof is WAY too low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:45 pm 
Spiny
Spiny

Did anyone see Mark Walker's post about http://www.geocities.com/esfansrule/petition if so you can transcript for me?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:59 pm 
Quote:
But when will I play Gameboy and read my comics?

THAT is also what happened to me. I used to read the paper and space out while listening to my music. It was great. Even though I wasted so much time on that bus over the 10 years that I took (public) busses, I miss the freedom it gave you to do whatever you want while you were there.

No need to worry about people cutting you off. Rush hour traffic. Warming up the car. Gas. Maintaining the car. PARKING!!! 'cause I love being downtown.

Lotta good with the bad. Like anything I guess...but of course when you go clubbing like me, I need my car :)
Taxis are too expensive.

+ roy
+ http://sometimesboredinottawa.iscool.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:39 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

The bus is pretty relaxing on a good day. Slow as hell though. When you live as far as I do... ugh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:29 pm 
Cheep Cheep
Cheep Cheep

is it just me or is the door of the bus on the wrong side of the bus?

and i'm pretty sure those force friends busses have been discountuned for awhile, they didn't go low enough or something like that like the new comfy ac busses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:43 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Define wrong side? I mean in Japan it's on the other side 'cause the busses drive on the left side of the street. They need to be where they are so you get off in the curb instead of the street... unless you meant my drawing in which case I should mention that the front is to the right. The fact that the back door is ALL the way to the back makes it confusing but that's just the bus being inneficient. I mean why make everyone go all the way back to get out.

Anyway yesterday I had the bus doors of new busses close on me 3 times. I had heard that one of the advantages to the new busses is that they were safer because people got caught in the old doors. After getting caught in 3 in one day I know this to be extremely false.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:30 pm 
Cheep Cheep
Cheep Cheep

my bad, i though the left side of your picture was the front of the bus