Message Bored

aDam Rulz!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:10 pm 
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Found this page today. I'm not sure if he ripped you off, but there are some good screen caps. The elevator pic looks like yours, but he's not linking to your site, so at least bandwidth isn't being stolen.
Bots Master

It was also great to see the S.W.A.T. Kats and Bucky O'Hare again. Didn't Bucky last only one season? Or was it less?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:10 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Hm... yeah that's a lot of stolen content. All those pictures are mine as is a good deal of that text. He did resize them though and it's not like I drew any of that... well except for that Blitzy pictures... For example all the BOYZZ descriptions. Still most of it is his own words and I hold no copyright over the words to the theme song. I'm not going to bother doing anything about it since it's just a blog and it's really just helping to propagate information about the show. I'm actually not a boar on people stealing content in moderation... it's just that god damned TV tome guy! ... anyway thanks for the link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:10 am 
What can I say other than sorry? I can't help it if you're the only worthwhile source of BotsMaster information ;)

I wasn't trying to rip-off your site or pass myself off as the definitive Bots Master site or anything along those lines. If you look at my other cartoon features I always take a look at the story, the characters, the themetune, the lyrics. Because there are so many characters in Bots Master I had to do it as a list. You've got to admit, while obviously there are similarities anyone who watched the show would say the same things. I didn't literally cut & paste your text...

As for the images not all of them were leached from your site. Whether someone else had nabbed them off you or you've since acquired them is another story. Since I did it over a year ago I don't have the links but I do have some of the unedited images and they do not match the file names on your page. And like you said yourself, you can only hold any right to that Blitzy pic...

Obviously all of this is besides the point but in my defence I actually e-mailed you at the time (as I usually do all my sources) but I got no reply after a week. I thought either you didn't read it (filtered as spam???) or I sent it to a wrong/dead e-mail address. Considering the site hadn't been updated in yonkies I assumed you'd gone AWOL...

...which is not reason enough to just steal them without credit I know. But the Internet is a free-for-all. A lot of the images featured on my site are created or captured myself but I am not surprised or bothered when I see them on forums, other blogs and Star Wars sites.

So in a nutshell apologies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:28 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Hey it's not a problem. I've had a lot of people take pictures and it never bothered me mostly because I've never considered myself to be the owner of something I scanned or capped. The only thing that would've really bothered me was the character descriptions but as I said it's in a blog and it's not as if you're running a full blown site or anything.

Well thanks for the appology. It's totally possible I overlooked your e-mail. There's a period in October 2001 where my mail box kept getting full because of spam and deleting old mail. I appreciate that you tried to contact me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:14 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

cool, Mike D is into botsmaster.

Fuck a "free" tin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:13 am 
Unfortunately I'm not Michael Diamond... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:27 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Donovan?