aDam Rulz!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bell Canada
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:07 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

A while ago I considered going with Vonage over Bell. I hate paying what I do in phone bills every month and get nothing out of it. I check my number and they say it's portable meaning I can transfer my existing number to Vonage withought problems.

I'm moving this weekend so finaly decide to go with Bell after the move because, I thought, it would be easier and then if I want to do Vonage later I can.

I go online to Bell's extremely unintuitive website and put in my order for moving. Once all is complete I get a message stating that I will get an e-mail with my new phone number. NEW PHONE NUMBER?! No that's not at all what I wanted to do.

So I call Bell and explain. No I did not want a new number I simply wanted to move my number. Is that so hard? Apparently. The monkey on the phone says I probably wasn't able to because of where I was moving so I give her my address and she says nope I can't move my number. Fine. I tell her to cancel my account instead. Tell her to do it starting Monday since I'm moving on Sunday. Today being the 14th of December Monday would be this coming Monday the 18th of December.

So I go to the Vonage website and go to check my number. Not transferable. WTF? It was last time I checked! So I don't know what the fuck is going on at this point maybe they chagned the transferability of the number... ack. Annoying. So I'm considering who I will go with for my new number. Bell is totally out of the question after all this so I am torn between Vonage and getting a cell phone as my main line.

I call Janine at home to discuss this. "We're sorry. The number you have dialed is no longer in service." NO LONGER IN SERVICE? It's not Monday!

Call Bell AGAIN and what happened? When I said to cancel it starting Monday they put Monday the 11th. Yes that's right a day that had passed 3 days earlier and the cancelation took place the minute the request was put in. Ack. How horrible. So I tell the monkey bitch to get my number turned back on and that I will call to get it canceled when I'm ready to fucking cancel it. She informs me it will be 4 to 5 hours to get back on. That's right it takes less than a minute to turn it off but hours to turn it back on.

I go to lunch and back and it still doesn't work. 2 or 3 hours later my phone works again. Put a call in and all is good. Finally.

So I try to Vonage website. Number is transferable again. The only reason it wasn't in the first place was because Bell had canceled my account. Fucking criminal scammers. Apparently this is how Vonage is supposed to work.

Oh well my Vonage phone adaptor is on the way. I will never ever EVER be using another Bell service again.

Rogers sucks for sure but the service itself isn't so horrible. I can't say I've ever had dealings with Bell that weren't horrible.

Times are changing you fucking asswhipee bastiges. You don't have the monopoly anymore so stop acting like it. If you don't clean up your act you'll lose all but your most ignorant customers and I for one think that can't happen soon enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:17 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
 WWW  Profile

Fuck Bell! I have been Bell free for a year and I am LOVING IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:10 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Way to go. I am happy to join your ranks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:05 pm 
NDS Administrator
NDS Administrator
 WWW  Profile

Rogers keep calling about Home Phone ... so far I haven't taken any bait yet. I'd like to see what happens with the larger service deregulation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:43 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Your phone will be ringing off the hook!

Rogers is apparently also Internet phone. Luc has it so you can talk to him about it. They don't mention that when trying to sell it.

Anyway to further my debacle with Bell on Wednesday they actually went ahead and shut off my line transfering it to my new residence. Not only that but they couldn't get my original number so the number it told you about when calling my old number was not the one they gave me. Not only that but despite settting up my number the lines in this area would not be up until February 2007. -_-

Anyway I called and got that fixed up... I think... 'cause I have to have an active line so that I could transfer my phone. But since I'm not at my old place after the 31st I had to transfer my line over as a second line to my parent's place who live int he same district as my own number. -_-; Oi.

But I got my Vonage adapter yesterday and when I plugged it in it worked right away. Quite happy with it. It just works witha temporary number though so no real phone for about 3 to 4 weeks until my number can get transfered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:49 am 
NDS Administrator
NDS Administrator
 WWW  Profile

Does it really matter you have the same phone number? I mean you'd have to give your new number to Trev's mom but who else would care?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:00 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

It's not a big deal because like 4 people call me. It's jsut for stuff like dentists and Dr.'s or whatever that I find it sort of annnoyign to keep changing. Bah.

But my number was so easy to remember so I'm glad I can keep it.

Also your Mom doesn't have the best memory with numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:38 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Trying to view my bill today I saw this:
http://www.bell.ca/home/portlets/person ... anding.jsp

Seriously? Nothing under Firefox 2.0? No mention of Netscape or Opera. IE 6.0 is pretty new. Nothing but Windows XP support? They say 95% of users comply to this which I doubt but even so if I ruled out 5% of people from being able to view my site I'd consider myself to be a pretty shitty webmaster.

Gives the option to pass through and then viewing my bill as pdf fails. It always worked before. Rogers also redesigned their site and I can't view my bill there anymore.

Anyway finally saw it and I have over 10$ in long distance charges for a whopping 25 minutes of calls within Ontario. Glad I'm changing providers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:11 pm 
NDS Administrator
NDS Administrator
 WWW  Profile

Are you new to long distance calling? ;o) Only after 6 with Bell LOL

And I take it you don't believe the 95% IE? Sounds right to me if I had to guess. The net is full of geezers too eh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:41 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

95% newish version fo IE or terribly new version of Firefox AND Windows XP. I don't believe that for a second.

Yeah I figured out it was all daytime calls like 4-6pm. Bah. Janine used to always call in the evening before that I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:03 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

So after my line was transfered I got a bill for a full month of service after it was canceled and since I do automatic billing the money was taken.

I called and asked WTF was up. The girl giving me a lot of attitude wondered why I was calling as clearly there was a credit in my next month's bill for that same amount. Id din't have this bill of course but hey whatever...

So I keep getting bills saying I have no money. But they say I have a credit. But you know what? I don't fucking have this money! So now I have to call bell between 9am and 5pm (who the fuck has daytime hours? I can call Rogers at 3am if I want) and I don't know what they have to do. Cut me a cheque? Jeez... Bell cutting me a cheque. LEt me hold my breath...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:38 pm 
NDS Administrator
NDS Administrator
 WWW  Profile

In perhaps a similar vein ... I've recently signed a gas supply contract ... seems it takes 2 months for Enbridge to complete any transfer from anything other than themselves ... crooks. Or perhaps it has no relation whatsoever and I'm tired ... what's an old man doing up so late anyway ... stop throwing apples at my windows ..... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:25 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Oh yes and Bell cut me a cheque a day after I made that post...

Anyway Kris's wife canceled his Vonage without consulting him and now has Rogers VOIP... she did it because she hates VOIP...