aDam Rulz!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sailor Moon in layman's terms
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:06 am 
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle
 WWW  Profile

Well, actually I know there's way too much to describe it all in one fell swoop. Anyway, I was hanging out on You Tube (again -- Bots Master :D ), and I spied a Sailor Moon video. There are hundreds/thousands of them. One of the videos had a dark pink haired little girl. She didn't look like Usagi's future daughter though. I was wondering who the little girl is?? It was from the series where Sailor Moon has wings on her 'super' outfit. Dunno if that's descriptive enough or not.

I've only seen American-ized versions. The lesbian sailors were a bit of a shock :P . Anyway, I haven't seen anything past that series. I'll find the time someday. I'm sure the infamous aDam will know the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:45 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Well ChibiUsa appears as an older version of herself as Black Lady.
But I don't think that's what you mean.

Maybe Chibi Chibi?

The Sailor Moon with wings was it this version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:52 pm 
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle
 WWW  Profile

Awesome pics! Yeah the little one there...um...Chibi Chibi? That's the one I was wondering about. She's not Sailor Moon's grand-daughter or something is she?? She appeared to have a 'super suit' too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:39 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Hm... which continuity do you want?

In the manga Chibi Chibi is Sailor Cosmos which is an incarnation of Sailor Moon from the distant future. It's not specifically mentioned if she is just a really old Sailor Moon or one of her decendants. I personally believe she's an old Sailor Moon. She loses all hope in the future and travels back to our present when Sailor Moon fought Chaos to get that hope back.

In the anime Chibi Chibi is the true star seed of Sailor Galaxia. Sailor Galaxia battle Chaos in the past and to contain this ultimate evil absorbed Chaos into her body. When she did so Chaos envelopped her in evil and made her the villain known as Galaxia and as a last hope Galaxia's star seed escaped and, manifesting itself as Chibi Chibi, sought out the light of hope, Sailor Moon.

So in the manga she is, in a way, related to Sailor Moon but is not as speculation originally insinuated, the second daughter of Sailor Moon or daughter of ChibiUsa (Sailor Moon's grandaughter). In the anime there is no blood relation between Sailor Moon and Chibi Chibi despite the obvious resemblance. The reason for the differences in continuity is because, like with the end of the first story arc (Queen Beryl and the Dark Kingdom) the manga story wasn't done when the season in the anime was completed so the writters made up their own ending.

I personally prefer the anime ending for the first season. For the last story arc I have an appreciation for both though the manga story line makes a bit more sense and is more epic. In the anime however I really like the idea of the ultimate evil going into the hearts of people who can make the world good and all that stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:34 pm 
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle
 WWW  Profile

Well....that just about covered any question I could ever possibly come up with. Thanks for the info ;). I gotta find the time to rent that series and watch in the original Japanese version. I want to see Sailor Moon and her main man actually together, instead of that irritating 'love each other from a distance' Japanese relationship thing.

Oh, and on a completely random note, aDam....do you follow the Transformer series at all? Or the Beast Wars series??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:33 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Haha. Yes. It's pretty annoying in the first 2 seasons. They are literally together for a single episode up until halfway through the R season. It's crazy. Their first consentual on screen kiss in present time is had in the episode where ChibiUsa shows up which is sort of crazy.

But yeah in S and SuperS they are sort of together the whole time and, as much as the drama of the first 2 seasons was annoying at times it makes for any story involving Mamoru being... kind of boring.

And Stars was just an insult to him.. but whatever.

Anyway if you want to see it in Japanese (or any language for that matter) you won't be able to get Sailor Stars legally. It hasn't been released in English in any official way.

Hm... why ask about Transformers? Haha. It's funny because I'm not really involved in the stuff but I've spend a LOT of time in the transformers fandom and have actually been to 2 of the convention (met my fiancee at them...)

I liked the original show when I was yougner but looking back find it quite dated. I like the movie and I REALLY like Beast Wars. I hated Beast Machines and can't watch anything Transformers that's come out since. I'm real excited for the movie though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:58 pm 
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle
 WWW  Profile

*snicker* Well, I kinda knew you liked Beast Wars because you sent me several strange pictures of Dinobot once upon a time (probably about five years ago now). I was just wondering if you followed the other Transformer series at all -- in addition to Beast Wars. I don't remember the series much. But, I too am super excited about the up coming movie.

I am saddened to hear that some Sailor Moon seasons are not available. I expect they will be at some time. The series is too popular not to do so. *sigh* If only Bots Master were to be so lucky. Everything else is available on DVD: The Racoons, Animainiacs, Dark Wing Duck, etc.

Here's another random question: did you code this site yourself??

Oh, and congrats on the finance :D !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:49 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Bwahaha. Yes well I used them on the trannie boards when I used to spend more time there. Beast Wars played a hella lot in Canada and when it was on I was big on any good new cartoons that were on so I was all about it.

HAha. I don't know. I keep expecting it's natural for Sailor Stars to come out but it's just been so long since the others were released I don't know anymore. Maybe if someone else gets the rights some number of years down the line they may see about translating that one too. Who knows...

Bots Master would makea great box set. Just 40 episodes fits nicely in a single set. Oh well. :(

Thanks. ;) I'm pleased with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:53 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
 WWW  Profile

No

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:53 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

Location: "Moving south... apparently Toad's in a boat down there...
wow This thread should be retitled the complete history of Adam...

CRAP if you met your woman at a tf convention...that means there's only 4 left :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:20 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

One's enough for me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:01 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

I ment 4 left in the fandom lol

but yeah 5 women's a bit much... unless you get the weekends off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:32 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Yeah I couldn't handle more than maybe 3 at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:49 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

well the other two could occupy themselves.. or do the dishes or something usefull like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:49 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Oh yeah. The hidden benefit to poligamy. The girls who have the night off can clean or whatever. Nice.