aDam Rulz!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Zombie attack
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:37 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

The likelihood of a zombie attack is minimal, since there is currently no indication that such a creature could exist.

The threat level of zombie attack is also fairly minimal, assuming the mindless slow moving variety as portrayed in movies. If the pathogen is not airborne, protecting oneself from infection is easily accomplished through isolation and the use of simple barricades.

Zombie threats become more dangerous in circumstances like having faster movie zombies, as those portrayed in the 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later movies or even the creatures shown in the recent adaptation of I Am Legend.

Regardless, due to the popularity of zombie movie, this is one attack plan that people think of quite often. I have personally thought long and hard about this threat and considered many avenues of defence around places I commonly visit to thwart such on offensive.

Post subject: Re: Zombie attack
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:50 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
 WWW  Profile

I have given no thought to Zombie preparation (other than debunking aDam) as the threat is non-existent and if it were to occur someone we would be too fucked for me to bother.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:58 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Even while watching zombie movies you don't think of it? I mean... I spent half of Titanic trying to figure out how to survive a boat slowly sinking into freezing water and that's terribly unlikely to ever happen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:04 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
 WWW  Profile

aDam wrote:
Even while watching zombie movies you don't think of it? I mean... I spent half of Titanic trying to figure out how to survive a boat slowly sinking into freezing water and that's terribly unlikely to ever happen.

I spent half of Titanic trying to find the theater exits....I kid I would never watch Titanic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:12 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

When I first saw the movie I was filled with a need to pee about halfway through. This coincided with the begining of the ship filling up with water. I was in the middle of a long aisle, and could not leave without disrupting many people so I held it in for half of this very long movie. Finally when it was done I began to run for the washroom, only to be told someone had a heart attack in the lobby, and that we had to leave through the emergency exits, which did not give me access to the bathrooms! I went to a nearby McDonalds...