aDam Rulz!
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I, Robot vs. the Bots Master
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:19 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

A single entity upgrades all the robots on Earth and, for those who don't have them, even finds a way to have a controlled robot in their home free of charge with the ulimate goal of using an override they've set up in this latest model in order to overthrow humanity and take over the world.

This summary describes both the movie "I, Robot" and the TV series "The Bots Master".

The main difference being that in the Bots Master it's humans who are taking over while in "I, Robot" it's AI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:30 pm 
Koopa Paratroopa
Koopa Paratroopa
 WWW  Profile

Ever play the Sonic the Hedgehog games? Paradim and Robotnik have a lot of simularities: bald, wear red and black, want to take over the world and they are using bots to do it.

-Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:38 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Well that sounds a whole lot more like Megaman than the Bots Master.

The main similarity with "I, Robot", above other "take over the world with robots" movies is that it was done with a sort of back door placed in upgraded or latest model robots that were advertised as the latest and greatest and even given to those that didn't buy them through conventional needs.

For example in the Bots Master we have them offering free Krang chip upgrades to all people. In "I, Robot" Will Smith's grandmother is a long time holdout of getting a bot so while everyone has the latest model in their home poised to attack she wins a rigged contest placing a robot in her home and therefore completing the infiltration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:52 am 
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle
 WWW  Profile

HA! I'm slow or something. I have that movie plus a few Botsmaster VHS tapes, and I never put the two together. DUH! I'm a dumbass. They're so similar. I Robot has all their bots connected by WiFi to the super-computer that they connect to daily. Botsmaster puts the connection in directly, to be activated later when necessary. The Corp gives out the upgrade for free; whereas I Robot you just had to trade in your old bot, or win the lottery for a free one.

Their reasons for world domination was different. VICKI wanted to take over for the safety of humans. God knows what Paradim's reasons for taking over really are. I used to plot world domination myself, but that was simply to rid the world of people I found extraneous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:00 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Yeah the motivations of a man and a robot are not likely to be the same.

The wi-fi excuses of I, Robot just made more sense since it was made later. When the Bots Master was made the Internet was almost non existant so you can't expect them to have thought of the technological specifics with a network of bots like they would in a modern movie.