Message Bored

aDam Rulz!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gremlins
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:39 am 
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Gremlins came out in 1984 - so you were 6?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:54 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Hm... this confuses me quite a bit... perhaps my memory of when I got those Gremlins toys was not from when I thought it was from...it was June 8th 1984. So probably saw it in June or July of that year. Julie would have been nearly 3 so I couldn't have gotten the toys when my mother was in the hospital having her.... hm.... not even close.

I DO remember my grandmother making Kraft dinner that day though. Fo' shizzle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:41 pm 
Lakitu
Lakitu

Location: "Moving south... apparently Toad's in a boat down there...
memories are weird things... I can remember fighting with my teacher's son in kindergarden... over who got to use the sand/water table next... I even remember calling him an asshole... right in front of her...

but I can't remember what happened after that?

Another weird thing is I often remember having dreams as a kid that later would happen in real life... like half-ass deja-vue

one time I remember dreaming about walking down a row of tables at an out door flea market three towns over, when a gust of wind picked up this old guy's tray of sunglasses and sent them all over the place...
I remember te dream because my dad (in the dream) says to me "pick your feet up jon" like he always did... I was a shuffler.

years later I'm alone (now I'd say 19 or so) and I stop in to look on my way back from tf hunting 5 towns over...

Bam...it hits me...I've seen this before... couldn't place it for a second, then dismissed it as "well the place hasn't changed much in 10 years"
I was hearing radio weather reports all day about severe winds... it was starting to get that weird grey yellow colour out ...and I thought wow now this is starting to get weird... I have seen this before... then the guy's sunglasses blow off the table.

course I also had recurring nightmares of Freddy crugger chasing me through a darkened paintball course 1 town over... long before anyone knew what paintball was... or even before said town had one...

..to this day I find numerous excusses not to go paintballing with my friends... don't know why I always semmed to get layed in those dreams too... dark hair girl named sara... My friend Calvin goes there all the time have to ask him if a girl named Sara works there

so yeah I can remember all that shit, plus countless cheat and ingame codes for the NES but could I tell you what I ate yesterday... nope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:01 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Sadly I think I remember dreams I had as a kid better than the dreams I have these days. On the rare occasions I do remember them I forget them within minutes or, at the most, hours.