Message Bored

aDam Rulz!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:54 pm 
Previously posted on Nuri's Sphere:

No, I never understood the ending of Planet of the Apes (2001), here I thought you were talking about the ending of PotA 1960 version. All I knew was somehow the apes had taken over Earth.

The first question is, what time did the apes come to Earth? I'm assuming after the 20th century, because of the Capital, White House, the Lincoln memorial, and the cop cars and guns and stuff. But when did Leo return to earth, I don't think it says anything in the movie.

Now I agree with you that Leo landed on a transformed earth, but I don't agree with your idea on how it happened. I seriously doubt that one ape, even if he was Thade, could destroy the humans singlehandedly, with all our tanks and missiles and armies and stuff.

This leaves two senarios. First senario is that somehow Thade got an army of apes, built a fleet of spaceships, and went to earth and liberated the apes and destroyed humanity in the process. Pretty lame idea. But I saved the best one for last. I think that Thade came to earth after Humanity had been virtually destroyed. I'm not sure how, it could have been a virus, wars, bioweapons, or perhaps a nucular holocaust. I like the Holocaust idea myself. Thade comes to earth to find half of humanity is gone due to nukes, and the ape population is mutated due to the radiation. Thade takes these mutated superapes and starts a new civilization of apes on the ruins of the old. Wahlberg comes by 100 years later, finds DC the way he left it (the apes rebuilt the capital), and finds the shrine of Thade. The End.

Still don't understand the horses on the ape planet though. I would say they were native to the planet, because there was plant life and water and small animals already living on the planet before the space station crashed. However the horses look too much like earth horses. Perhaps they just had a few horses on the space station for some reason. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:57 pm 
Hey, what do you know! I was at Fox's "official" Planet of the apes website, and it says the same thing that you did. That Thade pulled Mark's spacecraft out of the water to chase him, arrived on earth, and took it over.

http://www.foxhome.com/apesinsight/timeline.html (the site is extremely flash loaded and even slows down my p3 600mhz, so don't say I didn't warn you).

Still doesn't explain the horses though :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:33 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

The horses are an oversight but one that's completely unrelated to the rest of the story.

Anyway Marky Mark goes back in time as can be seen by the decreasing chronometer as he travels back to Earth. When he gets back exactly is undetermined but it's certainly a while after Thades came back and liberated the apes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:13 pm 
Spiny
Spiny

Indeed they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:34 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Find me a movie that doesn't have a small loophole like the horses and I'll find you a boring movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:58 pm 
lol true dat...

So tell me.. would you kiss her?

... would you bend her over and have wild monkey sex with her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:47 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Probably. Maybe. All depends on how things look when you get down to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:48 pm 
Spiny
Spiny

Guest wrote:
Previously posted on Nuri's Sphere:

No, I never understood the ending of Planet of the Apes (2001), here I thought you were talking about the ending of PotA 1960 version. All I knew was somehow the apes had taken over Earth.

The first question is, what time did the apes come to Earth? I'm assuming after the 20th century, because of the Capital, White House, the Lincoln memorial, and the cop cars and guns and stuff. But when did Leo return to earth, I don't think it says anything in the movie.

Now I agree with you that Leo landed on a transformed earth, but I don't agree with your idea on how it happened. I seriously doubt that one ape, even if he was Thade, could destroy the humans singlehandedly, with all our tanks and missiles and armies and stuff.

This leaves two senarios. First senario is that somehow Thade got an army of apes, built a fleet of spaceships, and went to earth and liberated the apes and destroyed humanity in the process. Pretty lame idea. But I saved the best one for last. I think that Thade came to earth after Humanity had been virtually destroyed. I'm not sure how, it could have been a virus, wars, bioweapons, or perhaps a nucular holocaust. I like the Holocaust idea myself. Thade comes to earth to find half of humanity is gone due to nukes, and the ape population is mutated due to the radiation. Thade takes these mutated superapes and starts a new civilization of apes on the ruins of the old. Wahlberg comes by 100 years later, finds DC the way he left it (the apes rebuilt the capital), and finds the shrine of Thade. The End.

Still don't understand the horses on the ape planet though. I would say they were native to the planet, because there was plant life and water and small animals already living on the planet before the space station crashed. However the horses look too much like earth horses. Perhaps they just had a few horses on the space station for some reason. :p

Coolster@adamrulz.com