King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

http://adamrulz.com/beef/sep2002.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:39 pm 
Bullet Bill
Bullet Bill

Heartless bastard!

I think I would have watched it if DeNiro had been involved somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:04 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Hehe. This should be fun.

http://www.farscapeworld.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/215.html

http://pub120.ezboard.com/ffarsca....2.topic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:32 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

making mischief, nice

Fuck a "free" tin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:24 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Some self righteous whore over at the Farscape World Forums (who I just learned owns that particular site) has taken it upon himself to lock my thread because it is "flame bait". I don't think I'll be needing to leave that board alone. For example...

Here's another

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:10 pm 
Buddy, you are unimaginative, witless and horrifyingly trite. Your writing style is shit.
You like pokemon.

Go fuck yourself, cocksucker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:49 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Wow. What a retard. I'm so vacantly unimaginative I guess I should kill myself... wait no by speaking you just proved your ignorance. At least if your insults were based on something and hit anywhere near base I'd be offended but this is just pathetic. I mean... unimaginative? Why don't you just make fun of Tiger Wood 'cause he "sucks at golf".

Please take a number and sit in that line over there so that you can kiss my ass.

Looks like the ezboard post is deleted. Dez says he's banned for posting goatse. No doubt that had something to do with it.

Update! The post just changed thread IDs... guess it was moved out of the forum and then back again.

Update update! Chell out Dez's contribution: http://www.maximumletdown.com/smack.html Ahahahahaha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:14 pm 
I am not trying to insult you. Just making observations.

Majority of your content is simply a reiteration and regurgitation of opinions expressed by people far more articulate than yourself. People ranging from soulless, inoffensive and commercially succesful 80's stand-up comedians ("People Who Don't Return My Shit"), to anonymous message board posters, who demonstrate a certain basic respect for the Global Information Exchange (i.e. The Internet) by not posting pictures of their pets.

Not a single original idea on your site. I'm starting to believe this is just more elaborate http://www.realultimatepower.net.

Either way, I wouldn't give a fuck, had you not said an unkind word about Farscape. It's ironic that a single fresh item on your site is an incendiary article meant to offend anyone who capable of digging up a well acted, quirky and cinematic television show from a pile of scifi shit, dumped into our backyards every fall by people who think that science fiction fans are illiterate fucks, who will judge the autumn's crop by a breastful.

Of course we are proud.
When you are surrounded by people who think that until 7 of 9 came aboard, Voyger sucked ass, it's very fucking hard to be nonelitist.

Let those people rave about Terminator
Give us Clockwork Orange.

Ban me, I dare you, unclefucker.

Ok, maybe I am trying, cowboy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:35 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

i dont know anything about farscape, but thats not going to stop me getting in on this...

and posting your pets on the internet is GOOD...heartless animal hater.

i havent watched farscape, ive just got a feeling it sucks.

Fuck a "free" tin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:36 pm 
Bullet Bill
Bullet Bill

Let's be realistic here. For every person who's in love with Farscape, there are about fifty who've never even heard of the show. Time to pack it in, chum.

Sci-Fi is in the TV business. They're looking to make money. They weren't making money on Farscape because there weren't nearly enough people watching it. Hence the decision to cancel production. A show dictates its own fate through its performance. Obviously, Farscape wasn't performing well enough to survive. You seem to be a logical individual capable of rational thought, so this should all be readily apparent to you.

Let it go. Find a new series to care about. As hard as it may be for you to believe right now, life will in fact go on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:53 pm 
I'm in disbelief that one of his threads has actually grown to 4 pages. ^^;;

Though he does bring up a point.... When IS it a good time to post "flame bait"? '__';;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:58 pm 
Farscape was performing pretty well in ratings: set SCIFI channel record, only recently beaten by SG-1 . But their budget is over 1 million per episode (greatest budget of any basic cable programme methinks).

Contract was to be made between EM.TV (owners of Jim Henson Company, which produces the show) and SCIFI Channel. EM.TV asked to high of a price, SCIFI channel was not willing to pay.

Show is absolutely excellent, critics love it. TV Guide in fact complained when a single Emmy nomination it got was for Costume design. Actors are suberb, plot is rich and complicated, and the hearty budget allows for some incredible sets, costumes, make-up and special effect.

It unfortunately is a cult favorite, it's not a show you see an episode of and suddenly get. It takes time to understand intricacies of both plot and characters. Motivations are at often times unclear for those unfamiliar with character history. Shows like that rarely gain mainstream acceptance.

But it doesn't change the fact that Farscape can match many network shows in acting and production values, if not accessibility. It would be a shame for this show to be lost and forgotten. If both parties see enough fan support, there is hope that they will renegotiate the contract.

And pardon me for reacting, but I sorta have trouble keeping my cool when people rant about something they don't have a fucking clue about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:59 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

maybe you should just accept that farscape was never very good and move on with your life.

i bet i could make a better show for $1 million an episode

we moved on after botsmaster ended

Fuck a "free" tin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:19 pm 
flame bait! *bans the count* :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:27 pm 
It is accepted by critics and science fiction fans that Farscape is a good show. Why should I accept something that is not recognized to be true by people who have actually seen the show.