aDam Rulz!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Life is punishing me for recycling
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:11 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Fuck. I recycle at work diligently and what do I get? My garbage is stole and replaced with a tiny side saddle garbage pail that I can't stop complaining about. Still I recycle.

Last week was metal and plastic. I put my garbage out Monday night. Tuesday I go home from work early because I'm sick. The garbage is still out. When I come home Wednesday my recycle box has been thrown 2 house lengths down the road. Why? Kids? Someone mad I left my box out after Tuesday night (because I was sick... ) Who knows. Still I recycle.

Yesterday was garbage day. I put out my black box. It's full of paper and cardboard. Today I get home and the garbage and recycling has clearly passed. There are 5 empty recycle bins next to my full bin. In my bin is some additional cardboard. It's a cat litter box filled with newspapers. Hardly enough to account for the 5 bins. So what happened here? Did the recycle men single out my bin? Did a vengefull neighbour bring my bin inside and bring it out after they had passed in order to punish me for last week's box leaving out? (because I was sick) Seriously. I called 311. Oh that number doesn't work apparently. They tell you all about 911 not working with Vonage but nobody told me about the 311 not working. Finally I call another number I found after a lot of searching on the website and I tell some lady my situation. She says they can send a truck out tomorrow to pick it up if I clean up the mess (oh yeah I threw all the stuff on the ground in a fit of anger...) so I had to go put it back in the box.

So what's waiting for me now? Will my box again be thrown down the road by the unidentified assailant of last week? Will the angry recycle men through a molatav cocktail into my home for asking them to do their job? I mean how much grief must one man go through because he is trying to be conscious of the environment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:52 am 
Blooper
Blooper

You have issues dude.

People stole my garbage bin two weeks in a row and I wasn't this angry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:59 pm 
NDS Administrator
NDS Administrator
 WWW  Profile

Put your crap out when you leave in the morning, put it back when you get home. Don't make it so complicated man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:25 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Mr. Glass wrote:
You have issues dude.

People stole my garbage bin two weeks in a row and I wasn't this angry.
You should have bin (ha!). I'd have gone on a rampage that made Audrey look like the good neighbour.

Quote:
Put your crap out when you leave in the morning, put it back when you get home. Don't make it so complicated man.
Haha. I should get a map. I don't just pull a bin out of my garage and move it 20 feet to the curb. I have to walk 24 houses down to the nearest place to put my garbage because there are supposed to be 3 in this arrangement of 3 condo buildings but since the lot isn't completed I have to go to the next one over and I'm the 2nd furthest unit from there. Bringing my garbage and recycling to the "curb" is an effort intensive exercise not to be taken lightly. I'm not lugging all that cardboard all the way back here to keep for another 2 weeks as I accumulate 2 more weeks of paper and cardboard. No way.

Oh and they didn't take it today. I'm pissed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:33 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

I don't know if this helps show the scale at all.

Looks to be about 150m by my count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:39 pm 
Blooper
Blooper

I think you're right.

I think someone saw your recycle bin in front of their house and tossed it two houses down (instead of just stealing it). Then, because they were so outraged that you didn't pick your bin (after having already brought down terrible justice upon you) they memorized which identical recycle bin was yours, brought it into their house as the truck went by, then brought it out full of crap just to piss you off.

Of all the possibilities, that is the most logical one.

Case closed, Columbo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:50 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

I have a large "106" painted in large white letters on both my blue and black recycling boxes. Making the connection is the easiest thing in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:31 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Fucking city of fucking Ottawa. So the country decrees that July 2nd, rather than July 1st, is Canada Day (Celebrated) and THAT is the day where EVERYTHING is closed. Like everything that's closed on Christmas is closed that day.

So I ASSUME like with EVERY OTHER stat holiday that garbage pickup will OF COURSE be delayed one day as it usually is. Well I guess someone decided they weren't playing that shit and to put those garbage men, or whatever the fuck PC shit we're calling trash haulers this year, to work right off on Monday. So where does this leave me? Well it leaves my condo association with what I can only assume is 99 to 100% of the garbage that has been piled up on those collective garbage areas since Tuesday night, the night AFTER our usual garbage pickup.

There an extreme lack of communication going on between the city and the public as far as garbage schedules go. Hell I still don't know what colour of box I'm supposed to be putting out since I never got a new schedule after the last one expired.

FUCK the city of Ottawa. I hope they're happy there's so much trash sitting out there this week. Oh well I'm sure our civic leader aristocrats with their fancy and garbage bins and garages don't care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:44 pm 
Blooper
Blooper

I don't recycle but my parents make a point to seperate cans and bottles etc. Then one day my dad caught the maintenance guy tossing the recycling bins down the trash shoot where the normal gabage goes. He came in laughing and told me what happened. I don't know if he told my mom or if shes still sorting in vain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:31 am 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

I get so confused by whether or not plastic bottles are recycled. I keep getting told they don't. At work I drink a lot of water because of the toxic tap water there and I know they can be recycled there at least.

Oh well they now have a skid halfway through my row which is about half the distance from the old place but me and my neighbour are still the 2 furthest from the garbage skid.

And why the fuck does the city never send me the hard copy collection calendars? That shit should be up on my fridge.

Fucking sub par flyer service.