aDam Rulz!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Episode III (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:01 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Hm... clipped for threads at other boards.

Okay so I'm toally into this movie. The only reason part of me thought parts were cheesy was because fo the laughs had by the disrespectfull audience. I thought these were supposed to be the Star Wars geeks. Bah!

Anyway all awesome. Mad props to Yoda and R2. Finally Yoda looks good in CG. He sucked in I and was okay in II. How is it so hard to make him look as good as a puppet? Bah!

BRainwashing C3P0. BAH!!! I knew it after I watched episode I but still. That's just a loser's way to stuff someone that didn't make any sense to be there into your movies for the purpose of nostalgia... just like Chewie. Ack. Wookies are cool and it's nice to see Chewie and stuff but still... we didn't need that.

Greivous... was there just because of the cartoon... still he was cool.

Anakin getting all chared up. Awesome.

Anakin's explanation of why he turned to the dark side... believeable. I have always said that the make of break of this movie would be how believeable his transition can be. We take a nice boy from episode I and have to make him totally evil by IV. George pulled it off. I wasn't totally sold by his just turning so fast right then and there in Palpatine's office but still they built up to it well and the reasons made sense.

Organa's ship... nice touch that it's Leia's ship from IV... you'd think he's get a new ship. Bah. In 25 years I don't see myself handing down my 2002 Honda Civic to my daughter... especially in a universe where no other ship really looks like they did 25 years ago.

They're already building the death star? So... it takes like 25 years to make the first one and like... 2 to build the second? I get the advantages of learning to do it right the first time but come on... were the Genoshian's plans REALLY that crappy? Bah!

Padme calls Obiwan "Obiwan" and Jimmy Smitts calls him "KEnobi" both after Luke is born which contradicts Obiwan's statement in IV which is like "Obiwan Kenobi? I haven't heard that name since... oh before you were born" to Luke.

So R2 has his memories the whole time. I have rewatched the original trilogy a few times since watching I and have thought this could be a possiblitity and I really have to real problem with this. I have a problem with Obiwan hidding the fact that he knows 3P0 and R2 but whatever. Techinically my A. He should have said he knew R2 well. He saved his life more than once. 3 times off the top of my head.

Padme was hot...and pregnant. This certainly isn't helping my mild fetish...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:46 pm 
King Koopa
King Koopa
 WWW  Profile

Leia can not remember Padme as she mentions in Jedi. And she's not remembering her adoptive mother. She mentions how her mother always seemed sad ... because her husband is evil. Bah. It's pretty hard to watch Jedi and ignore that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:16 am 
Blooper
Blooper

lay down the business

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:37 pm 
Cheep Cheep
Cheep Cheep
 WWW  Profile

artoo is one of my favorite characters (after jar jar) so i was really happy to see him do all those amazing things in this movie!!!